Disability Awareness In The Workplace
Esi Hardy - Managing Director with students after Disability in the Workplace Session
Disability Awareness In The Workplace That Leads To Inclusion
Working with private, corporate and not-for-profit organisations to develop disability awareness in the workplace. Because awareness leads to inclusion. Celebrating Disability work with a variety of sectors to support the development of many outcomes. A few examples of strategies that we have supported organisations with in the past have been:
- Developing staff confidence to talk to Disabled People
- Developing recruitment processes to attract disabled and support disabled candidates
- Improving accessibility in retail
- Creating accessible and inclusive events that will welcome Disabled People
Attracting, engaging and retaining Disabled People as employees and customers? Then you've come to the right place. Through disability awareness related training, consultancy and audits, you will harness the wealth of skills, knowledge and experience that emerge when an organisation thinks about disability in the workplace.
Celebrating Disability enables equality and inclusion of Disabled People. As a result of personal lived experience of disability and strategic business experience, we ensure your business is armed with the tools needed to competently engage and recognise Disabled People as valuable business assets who are an intrinsic part of your workplace culture.
Poss-Ability TV with Ray Vernon
Talks and discussions can sometimes be the perfect solution for an event or away day. Esi talks with authority and passion on subjects involving Disabled People and disability awareness and inclusion in the workplace.
Popular Subjects Include:
- Disability in the Workplace
- Closing the Disability Employment Gap
- How to Talk about Disability; The Impact of Language
- Supporting a Disabled Person at Work
- Accessibility in Retail
- Promoting Independent Living, Choice and Control in Care
I had the fantastic opportunity to hear Esi Hardy speak at an event I attended yesterday. Arguably one of the best presentations and speakers that leaves a crowd in awe, inspired and laughing together, that I have come across at any event.
If you have not come across her or heard of her, get googling, listening to her podcasts and check out her company
Delegates from Calshot Activity Centre - disability training day
Disability Awareness, Inclusion & Equality for Businesses & Not-for-Profits
- Supporting you to feel confident when working with Disabled People; whether they be employees or customers
- Supporting your employees by raising their level of disability awareness, understanding and commitment to inclusion
- Developing understanding of the barriers that face Disabled People and to devise solutions that ensure disabled people can add value to your organisation
- Shaping realistic strategies that ensure Disabled People are meaningfully considered, valued and included in opportunities, cultures and decisions
By working with you to understand your specific processes and areas of concern, we can create a package that supports your goals. Ensuring your employees can successfully implement disability awareness in the workplace. We will work with you to ensure that your business is armed with the tools needed to confidently and competently engage with and recognise Disabled People as valuable business assets.
Celebrating Disability has worked with businesses in a range of sectors; from law firms to charities, churches to transport. Whatever your organisation, we can support you and your employees to be confident when engaging and working with Disabled People.