Disability Inclusion Community
Members of the community receive access to live events, on-demand resources and a community forum where they can engage and share ideas and good news stories with each other.
Content is designed to be interactive and utilises many styles such as:
- Pre-recorded slide share presentations
- Downloadable workbooks
- Training resources
- Q&A sessions
As we know, often, the biggest barrier to engagement is confidence, knowing how to communicate and where to start.
Within the Disability Inclusion Community, we have created a guide to support you if you would like to start at the very beginning. The guide will guide you from knowing how to get started on your disability inclusion journey, all the way through to true engagement and retention. Looking at everything in between. Examples of topics that are popular amongst members are:
- Language and terminology - how to talk to disabled people
- Developing and implementing an inclusive recruitment process
- Engaging with disabled customers to harness lived experience
- Understanding accessibility and how to make businesses and services accessible
- Understanding the diversity of disability and the barriers that disabled people may face